Even people who personal or lease their very own automobiles and use these rides for almost all of their journeys can sometimes profit from ride-hailing companies like Uber and Lyft.
For those who rely your self amongst them, you’ll come out forward while you use one among these Uber-friendly playing cards as your default fee technique. The playing cards close to the highest of the record deal with Uber followers higher, however additionally they carry excessive annual charges — a possible deal breaker for frugal cardholders who can’t take full benefit of their rewards packages and value-added perks. So take a while to evaluation all of your choices.
Finest Credit score Playing cards for Uber Rides
For finest outcomes, select your most well-liked Uber card from this record and designate it as your default Uber fee technique.
For those who personal a small enterprise or earn ample revenue as a freelancer or solopreneur to qualify for a small-business bank card, designate your most well-liked enterprise card as your default fee technique for business-related journey (and ask your accountant whether or not stated journey qualifies for a self-employment tax deduction).
1. Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card
$300 Annual Credit score Towards Qualifying Journey Purchases, Together with Uber Fares; 50% Increase on Eligible Journey Redemptions
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card is the perfect bank card for frequent Uber rides for one easy purpose: Chase characterizes ridesharing fares and ideas as journey purchases for the needs of its industry-leading $300 annual journey credit score.
For those who make no different journey purchases together with your Sapphire Reserve card till you’ve spent $300 in Uber fares year-to-date, you rack up $300 in free Uber rides. Since Sapphire Reserve is an ultra-premium journey rewards bank card marketed to frequent vacationers, most cardholders don’t spend their total journey credit score on ridesharing fares. However it’s good to have a lot leeway.
Even higher, when you’ve used up your $300 journey credit score, you’ll nonetheless earn 3 factors per $1 spent on Uber purchases. That’s a 4.5% fee of return while you redeem for journey bookings by means of the Chase Final Rewards journey portal.
- Signal-Up Bonus: Spend no less than $4,000 in qualifying purchases inside 3 months to earn 60,000 bonus Final Rewards factors. That’s value as much as $900 when redeemed for airfare, inns, and different journey purchases by means of the Chase Final Rewards portal.
- Incomes Rewards: After incomes your annual journey credit score, you’ll earn limitless 3 Final Rewards factors per $1 spent on journey and eating purchases worldwide. Uber rides are labeled as journey purchases. All different eligible purchases earn an infinite 1 Final Rewards level per $1 spent.
- Redeeming Rewards: Redeem for journey bookings by means of the Chase Final Rewards portal, money again through checking account deposits and assertion credit, present playing cards, level of sale purchases with choose retailers (together with Amazon), and different choices. Factors are value $0.015 apiece when redeemed for journey and $0.01 apiece when redeemed for money.
- Key Charges: The annual charge is $550, and there’s a $75 approved person charge per further person, per 12 months. There is no such thing as a overseas transaction charge.
- Different Perks: Switch accrued factors to a couple of dozen journey companions at a 1-to-1 ratio. Take pleasure in complimentary airport lounge entry at greater than 1,000 Precedence Cross lounges worldwide. Earn invaluable perks at high-end inns and resorts worldwide, together with versatile check-in and complimentary room upgrades when obtainable
See our Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card evaluation for extra data. Learn the way to use for this card right here.
2. The Platinum Card® from American Specific
As much as $200 in Uber Credit Per Yr ($15 Per Month & $20 in December)
The Platinum Card® from American Specific appeals on to Uber riders with a $15 month-to-month credit score (and an additional $20 credit score in December) towards Uber fares paid with the cardboard.
In contrast with across-the-board journey credit calculated on a year-to-date foundation, the Platinum Card’s Uber credit demand extra intentionality. As a result of the credit score is capped at $15 per 30 days for 11 months out of the 12 months and the Platinum Card earns simply 1 level per $1 spent on Uber rides above the credit score threshold, you’ll need to have a backup Uber fee technique if you happen to plan to spend considerably greater than $15 per 30 days on ridesharing.
- Welcome Provide: Earn 80,000 Membership Rewards® Factors after you spend $8,000 on purchases in your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Apply and choose your most well-liked steel Card design: traditional Platinum Card®, Platinum x Kehinde Wiley, or Platinum x Julie Mehretu.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn 5 Membership Rewards factors per $1 spent on sure eligible journey purchases: flights booked instantly with airways or by means of American Specific Journey and pay as you go inns booked by means of American Specific Journey.
- Redeeming Rewards: Redeem Membership Rewards factors on the Membership Rewards portal for journey bookings, present playing cards, money again, normal merchandise, and particular experiences provided by Amex companions. Redemption minimums typically begin at 1,000 factors, and factors are normally value $0.005 to $0.01 apiece at redemption. Journey redemptions supply the perfect worth.
- Key Charges: The annual charge is $695. There’s no approved person charge or overseas transaction charge. See rates & fees for extra data.
- Different Perks: Along with the $200 annual Uber credit score, there’s a $200 annual airline charge credit score that’s good towards purchases with the airline of your selection. Different advantages embrace complimentary entry to greater than 1,000 airport lounges worldwide, particular perks and advantages at a few of the world’s most luxurious inns, and automated Gold and Gold Elite loyalty standing with Hilton Honors and Marriott Bonvoy, respectively.
See our Platinum Card® from American Specific evaluation for extra data. Study extra about this card and learn how to use right here.
3. Chase Ink Enterprise Most well-liked Credit score Card
3x Factors on Eligible Journey Purchases, Together with Uber Fares; 25% Increase on Eligible Journey Redemptions
Just like the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, the Chase Ink Enterprise Most well-liked Credit score Card earns 3 factors per $1 spent on eligible journey purchases, together with ridesharing fares. The distinction is that the 3x incomes fee on journey purchases tops out at $150,000 in mixed class purchases per 12 months, after which journey purchases earn 1 level per $1 spent.
That stated, until you’ve got a number of globe-trotting staff, you’re in all probability not going to rack up $150,000 in Uber costs annually in your small-business bank card.
Factors earned by means of Uber spending with the Ink Enterprise Most well-liked card are value $0.0125 when redeemed for journey bookings on the Chase Final Rewards portal. That’s a 3.75% return on spending. Factors transferred to taking part journey companions might earn a fair increased return, relying on the redemption technique.
- Signal-Up Bonus: If you spend no less than $8,000 in eligible purchases inside 3 months of opening your account, you earn 100,000 bonus Final Rewards factors. That is value $1,250 when redeemed for journey purchases, and $1,000 when redeemed for money again or normal merchandise.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn 3 factors per $1 spent on journey (together with Uber and different ridesharing fares), delivery, communications, and sure digital promoting purchases, as much as an annual mixed spending restrict of $150,000. Earn an infinite 1 level per $1 spent on every thing else, together with favored class purchases above the cap.
- Redeeming Rewards: Redeem for Chase Final Rewards journey bookings, money again, present playing cards, level of sale purchases with Amazon and different retailers, and extra. Factors are value $0.0125 apiece when redeemed for journey and $0.01 apiece when redeemed for many different choices.
- Key Charges: The annual charge is $95. There is no such thing as a overseas transaction charge or charge for added approved customers.
- Different Perks: Switch factors to a couple of dozen Chase journey companions at a 1-to-1 ratio, doubtlessly magnifying factors’ worth considerably. Take pleasure in journey insurance coverage and different journey protections, together with journey interruption and cancellation protection.
See our Chase Ink Enterprise Most well-liked Credit score Card evaluation for extra data. Learn the way to use for this card right here.
4. Chase Sapphire Most well-liked® Card
2x Factors on Eligible Journey Purchases, Together with Uber Fares; 25% Increase on Eligible Journey Redemptions
The Chase Sapphire Most well-liked® Card is the junior cousin to the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card. Whereas Sapphire Most well-liked isn’t fairly as beneficiant, it nonetheless earns 2 factors per $1 spent on Uber fares and affords a pleasant worth enhance on journey redemptions: 25% over the $0.01-per-point baseline for money redemptions. That’s a 2.5% return on Uber spending. Factors transferred to taking part journey companions might earn a fair increased return on spending, relying on how they’re redeemed.
- Signal-Up Bonus: Earn 60,000 bonus factors, value as much as $750 on journey bought by means of Final Rewards, while you spend no less than $4,000 inside 3 months.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn limitless 3 factors per $1 spent on eligible eating purchases. Earn limitless 2 factors per $1 spent on qualifying journey purchases, together with Uber fares. Earn limitless 1 level per $1 on all different eligible purchases.
- Redeeming Rewards: The easiest way to redeem is for journey bookings made by means of the Chase Final Rewards journey portal. This feature values factors at $0.0125 apiece. Different redemption choices, all of which worth factors at $0.01 apiece, embrace present playing cards, money again, and purchases with choose service provider companions (together with Amazon).
- Key Charges: The annual charge is $95. There’s no charge for added approved customers and no overseas transaction charge.
- Different Perks: Switch accrued factors to taking part journey companions (a couple of dozen in all) at a beneficiant 1-to-1 ratio.
See our Chase Sapphire Most well-liked® Card evaluation for extra data. Learn the way to use for this card right here.
5. Apple Card
3% Money Again on Uber Purchases Made Utilizing Apple Pay
Apple Card is a distinct kind of bank card, and it’s value studying our full evaluation (linked beneath) for extra on precisely what which means. If you make purchases with the Uber ridesharing and Uber Eats app utilizing Apple Pay, you’ll earn 3% money again, robotically redeemed to your account every day.
- Signal-Up Bonus: There’s presently no sign-up bonus. Verify the issuer’s web site for the most recent bonus particulars.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn 3% money again on purchases made with Apple, together with any merchandise or companies on the Apple Retailer, Apple.com, the App Retailer, or iTunes. Earn 3% money again on choose Apple Pay purchases, together with these made by means of the Uber ridesharing and Uber Eats apps.
- Redeeming Rewards: Money again is robotically redeemed to your account each day.
- Key Charges: There is no such thing as a annual charge or overseas transaction charge.
- Different Perks: Apple Card has novel interest-reduction options and different perks not widespread within the bank card world.
See our Apple Card evaluation for extra data. Study extra about this card and learn how to use right here.
6. Capital One® Enterprise® Rewards Credit score Card
2x Factors on All Eligible Purchases, Together with Uber Fares
The Capital One® Enterprise® Rewards Credit score Card is without doubt one of the hottest journey rewards bank cards in the marketplace. Its rewards program delivers limitless 2 factors on each buy, each day, together with on Uber ridesharing and Uber Eats purchases. That provides as much as a 2% fee of return on Uber spending while you redeem factors for assertion credit towards prior journey purchases.
- Early Spend Bonus: Earn 75,000 bonus miles after you spend $4,000 on the cardboard inside 3 months from account opening. That is value $750 in journey bills at redemption.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn limitless 2 miles per $1 spent on most purchases, together with all purchases with Uber apps. For a restricted time, earn 10 miles per $1 spent on purchases at inns.com/enterprise.
- Redeeming Rewards: The easiest way to redeem is for assertion credit towards prior journey purchases at a per-point fee of $0.01. Partial redemptions are allowed. Different redemption choices embrace present playing cards, normal assertion credit, and merchandise, all at variable level values.
- Introductory APR: None.
- Key Charges: The $95 annual charge is waived through the first 12 months. There is no such thing as a overseas transaction charge.
- Different Perks: Take pleasure in $100 off your International Entry or TSA PreCheck utility charge, plus a number of purchasing and journey advantages, together with prolonged warranties and automobile rental protection.
See our Capital One® Enterprise® Rewards Credit score Card evaluation for extra data. Study extra about this card and learn how to use right here.
Methodology: How We Choose the Finest Uber Credit score Playing cards
One of the best bank cards for Uber rides additionally are typically the perfect bank cards for different kinds of journey purchases. However every card on this record has some essential options and capabilities in widespread. These are a very powerful ones we thought of when placing it collectively.
Reward Charge for Native Transportation Purchases
Uber purchases qualify as native transportation purchases, a service provider code that additionally encompasses public transit, tolls, parking charges, and associated bills. Most bank card rewards packages deal with all native transportation purchases the identical, and we glance out for people who reward them above and past most different kinds of purchases.
Reward Charge on Complementary Purchases
We additionally take a look at how bank cards reward purchases that naturally complement ride-hailing purchases and native transportation purchases usually. An important complementary classes for frequent Uber customers are restaurant (eating) and normal journey purchases, since many individuals use ride-hailing companies after they’re out in town or touring removed from residence.
New Cardmember Bonus
A lot of the playing cards on this record supply engaging bonuses for brand spanking new cardmembers. That’s no accident, as the perfect Uber bank cards (and the perfect journey bank cards usually) are typically beneficiant on this entrance.
The decrease the annual charge, the higher. However bank cards with no annual charges in any respect have a tendency to not be as beneficiant as these with recurring levies. The place doable, we want playing cards with low or no annual charges, with costlier-but-more-generous playing cards shut behind.
One of the best Uber bank cards have a great deal of perks and advantages for frequent vacationers. Few supply direct advantages for Uber riders past the reward fee, however people who do get favored therapy in our evaluation. In any other case, the extra worth a card affords for vacationers, the upper it’s prone to be on this record.
Uber Credit score Card FAQs
For those who’re nonetheless not sure about what to anticipate out of your subsequent Uber-friendly bank card, we have now solutions to some widespread questions.
Do You Want Good Credit score to Get an Uber Credit score Card?
Not essentially. Nevertheless, usually, premium journey rewards bank cards require good or glorious credit score, together with many playing cards on this record. When you have restricted credit score historical past or your FICO rating is far beneath 700, you could have hassle qualifying for these playing cards.
What Are the Finest Uber Credit score Playing cards With out Annual Charges?
Unhappy to say, the perfect Uber bank cards have annual charges, generally in extra of $250. One of the best Uber bank card with out an annual charge is the Apple Card.
How Do Credit score Card Corporations Categorize Uber Fares?
Uber fares nearly all the time qualify as normal journey or native transportation purchases. Many bank cards particularly reward native transportation purchases, but when yours doesn’t, examine the high-quality print on its rewards program to see if ride-hailing purchases qualify as normal journey.
Do These Credit score Playing cards Reward Purchases With Uber Eats and Postmates?
Some do, however not as a part of the native transportation class. Purchases with Uber Eats and Postmates, each of that are owned by Uber, sometimes qualify as restaurant or eating purchases. If you wish to earn bonus factors or miles on them, select a card that favors restaurant or eating spending or a card that favors a sure fee technique, like Apple Card does with Apple Pay.
Is the Client Uber Credit score Card Nonetheless Round?
No, the Uber shopper bank card is not obtainable. Whereas that is little doubt disappointing to Uber followers, this record reveals simply what number of options there are for rewarding Uber rides. And if you happen to drive for Uber, you possibly can make the most of the newer Uber Pro Card, a enterprise debit Mastercard that gives rewards and perks for ride-hailing drivers.
Whereas the perfect all-around Uber card is the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, thanks primarily to the beneficiant $300 journey credit score, the Platinum Card from American Specific isn’t a nasty selection both if you happen to can hold your Uber spending at or close to $15 per 30 days.
For those who spend greater than $200 to $300 per 30 days on Uber rides, there’s no purpose to cease at one card. Credit score-qualified Uber lovers can declare as much as $500 in Uber credit per 12 months by rotating their Uber spending by means of these two premium journey rewards bank cards — although, in follow, Uber spending received’t account for many Chase Sapphire Reserve customers’ total journey credit score allowance.